At 65, Bonnie Kellogg is happy to see her invention, Fix-A-Stitch™, hit the market. After all, it’s been over 50 years since she first conceived of the tool she knew would make her life as a knitter easier.
“I understood what I needed to do to repair my knitted fabric … and I knew what the tool should look like … and I just kept looking for it. Finally I figured out that the only way I would have my magical tool was to make it myself.”
Fix-A-Stitch™ enables a knitter to repair garter stitch fabric as easily as stockinette … And of course it also works on seed stitch or other patterns. It simply allows you to knit or purl with the same tool from the front of the work with a single device.
Three sizes of the Fix-A-Stitch™ are included in each package, and are at these approximate needle sizes:
- .14″ – 3.5mm (size 4 needle, works with sock yarn)
- .2″ – 5mm (size 8 needle)
- .28″ – 7mm (size 10.75 needle)
· As featured in Knit ‘n Style Magazine…
· 12 Days of Christmas
· Knitters can now easily correct mistakes in knitted fabric with this clever tool. You will find three different sizes in the Fix-A-Stitch package for many different weights of yarn: small, medium, and large. The unique design of the crochet-like tip allows you to easily pick up dropped stitches. Check out the how-to video on the website for use of this tool.
· As featured in Cast On Magazine…
· Helps Repair Mistakes!
· Bonnie Kellogg developed Fix-A-Stitch™ when she had trouble using a conventional crochet hook to pick up dropped stitches. This short, plastic, 2-ended crochet hook helps “repair a mistake with ease!” The hooks have a deeper throat than most, and they’re both facing in the same direction. Garter stitch can now be fixed as easily as stockinette. There are videos to help you get started ($17.95 for a set of three in varied sizes). www.fixastitch.com
· As featured in Knitter’s Magazine…
· Don’t drop it but if you do…
· What knitter hasn’t dropped a stitch and had to ladder back a few rows? The Fix-A-Stitch comes to the rescue and once you give it a try you’ll wonder how you got along without it. It is perfectly configured with a hook at either end for easily repairing garter and seed stitch without turning your work. No matter your skill level, this handy tool can save you time and frustration. For a shop near you contact fixastitch.com.
· As featured in Vogue Knitting Early Fall 2011…
· A Little Pick-Me-Up
· Does picking up dropped stitches drive you to distraction? Fix-A-Stitch — a short, light, double-ended crochet-hook-style tool — mends ladders with ease. Its two-hook design makes fixing garter stitch a breeze; the bubblegum hue makes it easy to locate in your accessories bag. Find retailers and watch how-to videos at fixastitch.com
For more information go to: www.fixastitch.com